The purpose of this article is to explain the features of the Box Office or Point of Sale System to be used in conjunction with MyRacePass Online Tickets.
Note: In order to use the Box Office features, online tickets need to be added to an event already. See more on Adding Online Tickets at the link.
The link to the Box Office System can be found in the Ticket Management tab under "Tools"
Note: There are special permission required to have access to the Box Office System. Find more about that at the Adding Box Office permissions article.
There are 5 button options in the Box Office system that we will explain. Current Event, All Tickets, Past Orders, Shopping Cart, and Redeem Tickets.
Note: The default view is the "All Tickets" view.
The Current Event view is the simplest and fastest way to get to the next available event on your schedule to sell tickets. You can sell tickets with or without a reserved seating map in the Box Office. The ticket buying process will be very similar to what fans would see if they buy tickets in advance online. Below is the list of steps one of your ticket window works would go through to sell a ticket.
- Add the ticket types and quantity or seat being purchased, and press the "Add to Cart" button.
- (Optional) Enter the customers email address if you want to track your customer information.
Note: If an email address is entered the customer will also get the vouchers sent to their email address when the transaction is completed.
- (Optional) Enter the customers zip code if you want to track demographics in the Analytics page.
- In the drop down, select how payment was received and press "Complete Order"
- A print preview screen will automatically appear. Print that screen and hand the customer the printed ticket.
Note: Make sure the paper size in your print settings matches the paper size of the card stock you are using in your Dymo printer.
The All Tickets view will allow you to sell tickets to all future events on your schedule, not just the next event chronologically. This includes all Punch Cards, Ticket Packages, and single event tickets. The process to sell the tickets is the same as above once you've selected an event.
The Past Orders view will allow you to search for, view, and print any past ticket purchases made. This includes purchases made online or via the Box Office System.
- This filter will allow you to search for a customer by last name.
- This filter will show only results for the next event.
- The "Items" link will show purchase specifics like event and ticket types.
- The POS indicator is present if the ticket was purchased via the Box Office System
- The "view" button will show the print screen to print the order for the customer.
The Shopping Cart view is a fast way to get back to the items in your current cart in the event that the client wants to buy tickets to multiple events.
The Redeem Tickets view is the fastest and easiest way to scan tickets at the front gate. You can pair this with a USB or Bluetooth scanner to quickly scan tickets without having to click back into the barcode box. The cursor stays in that box automatically. You will be able to choose any event within the next 7 days to redeem tickets for.